Thursday, September 08, 2005

New note-book, new promise

I have been asking for new notebooks from my group admin for all 'office' related writing stuff at regular intervals for the past year or so that I have been employed here. Have 3 of those in my possession now. All total pseud notebooks I must say, with hard bind and gently colourful pictures on the front cover. And each time I have managed to get one with a different picture. This time I asked for one on 6th, for some in-house Data Converters training course. It says 'FOCUS', with 2 darts, red and yellow, sharing a bull's eye. Why 2 darts? Beats me. I guess it goes to show that in this fiercely competitive corporate world, my focus alone wont help. Everybody around also needs to be focussed, to have any sorta competitive advantage over our 'foes'. So I deciphered from the 2 darts picture. What funda man! Clap clap. I like yellow, so those around me are red.

My childlike enthusiasm for 'inaugurating' a new notebook seems undying. Especially when it happpens to be a pseud hard bound book such as this new one, the thrill knows no bounds. I dont see it, but I do feel that grin of satisfaction on myself. So whats in a new notebook that so enlivens my spirits?
* Firstly, I'm using something that nobody has ever used before.
* The touch, the smell, the look of a new book in themselves are things of joy. It feels good to see something so fresh and unspoilt with immaculate edges and spotless surfaces. Absolute beauty!
* On a personal note, its those petty promises that I make and wait to see if those are fulfilled or the book is fully filled first.

This new book, I have promised myself to gain atleast some insight into the theory behind the functioning of Data Converters, one topic that was so conviniently not taught in the hallowed classrooms of IIT Chennai. What was taught then? Exactly the things that I never learnt...

2 comments:

Narayanan B said...

Maga! I also inaugurate stuff.. its a nice and funny thing to do :)

All the best with data converters (whatever they are)

Krishna said...

Why change from "amavus" to "josh".Is it because that one sounded too ominous?