Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Enough - III : Enough of enough

Actually in the last post I intended to express some thoughts about Sachin but it only went that much more in corroborating the self-centred content that my posts exhibit.

Good for him that he opted out of upcoming test series against Zimbabwe. I guess he wouldn't be playing the ICC Super Series either Talking about this series, I feel the one day squad is absolute junk. Why Gibbs and Pollock eh? And why Sachin at all! They are no way the best in business now. A deeper inquisition will reveal that its actually a tough task to build a World XI team without Australian players in it. What with the abyssmal show the Aussies have put up this Ashes, the World XI will still be far from being the best the cricketing history has seen, even if they are considered. For an aficianado like myself, its the right time for a hiatus from the game. With the TNT Cup around the corner, I'll be well advised to concentrate more on my personal cricketing skills (which has gone to dogs) than harp on mal-nourished cricketing talent elsewhere.

Back to what I was thinking. Ya, Sachin! Now here is one man, no, super-man,(he and I cant belong to the same species) who is just the antithesis of whatever my existence means. For lack of options, if some one asked me my role-model in the past, I would say Sachin. I never had one, but he came close to being one. Digression again : Funny na, the way these Miss World/Miss Universe contestants so glibly make Mother Teresa or Kiran Bedi or Wangari Maathai their role-models with not an iota of conviction in their words. Ok. I had my go at these !@#$% and I am relieved.

Back to Sachin. Statistics is on his side, but not age anymore. Sad. But what on earth is the force that drives him to accomplish anything further than what he already has!!?? And how or why is he motivated to be fighting fit as soon as possible and be back to his tormenting ways on the field? If I were him (at some novice stage in life I had wished so. Not anymore), I would be more than happy to concentrate the rest of my life on my culinary interests and take care of my children and wife. But our man still wants to make news. Making news, I guess, is just an outcome of his unfaltering craze and passion for the game.

Why am I not.. Certain questions are best left open. Better unanswered. Still better, unpondered over. Even better, not discussed any further. Enough of 'Enough'.

HELP!! WHERE AND HOW DO I EDIT COMMENTS??

2 comments:

Krishna said...

U can only delete comments,not actually edit the text.Once u login,view your blog.There if u see the comments,a small trash bin will be displayed under it.Clink on it to delete the comment and its gone :)

Unknown said...

yes Krishna's right..even though u select the setting "allow comment moderation" under comments tab, in settings scene..its only possible to delete , as said above.