Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sorry mummy

Long time back there was post a with the same title. But this one deserves the title more than that.

Whenever I dont find a cable, mobile charger, MP3 player, car/bike key at my work table at home, my fingers involuntarily point in mom's direction. And she comes running.

Me:"Where is the USB cable? It was right here last night. You swept it off this morning. Darn your broom! Find it for me. NOW!"

Mom: "Why will I sweep it off? It must be somewhere here. Search with open eyes."

Me: "I cant. That is why I called you. I will check the dustbin. Might find it there (The way I say this pricks physically). YOU search here."

She starts of diligenty. Boxes, racks, drawers, behind books. And finally there it is! Hanging from behind the port on the comp. I had left it there after I last used it.

Mom: "Rascal! Look where it is. Badmash. You blame me always".

Impish smile on my face..

Me: "But why do you come running, searching for it? Always? Thats because you feel guilty. You know you dont have control over your hands when it comes to cleaning and mopping."

Mom: "You are so wrong! Just look at your face when you cant find something. Tensed. Dejected. Lost. I dont mind taking the blame and those pointed verbal arrows coming from you. But I just cant see that face. I know yow will do this again. Soon. But I really dont mind son."

She wont expect it, but why cant I say a SORRY? On her face?
LOSER.
Shame shame!

But you are wrong mummy. There wont be a next time. Not in this regard atleast.

4 comments:

Shekhar said...

wont be a next time with "USB cable" ??? ;)

anyways ... i feel therz a trace of fun in it too! such squabbles only strengthen a relationship ... thru the kind of realizations u've just had .. than harm .. specially given that there is mom on one side !

Shekhar said...

hey sam .. got a 89% nerd level!! :(
I answered that I wanted to prove myself lesser nerd than somebody ( u know who!) but still ended up getting this...

just cudnt do anything abt it .. having a laptop, ssh, spending more than 8 hrs with comp... is all part of my ilfe.. i donno if that being a nerd!!

it never asked me if i would travel outside.. have some other hobbies? or do I watch movies ? nothing of the relevant sorts to prove myself a lesser nerd than its conclusion!! :(

Mana said...

The same happens with me whenevr I don't find a book or my phone, I ask both my dad and mom :)

Maddy said...

this is really a sweet post, i cud visualize ur rudeness and spat tht follows very clearly,...i used to be in ur shoes too, not long ago, and u r so rt,..jus cudnt get myself to say sorry tooo...