Thursday, July 19, 2007

Omen

They are sitting on the last step of the flight of stairs leading up to the office reception. Both are lost in thier own thoughts. As always, she is the leitmotif of his thoughts.And hers, no one knows. The way they are sitting, a curious mind will wonder if they know each other at all.

HE : Do you believe in omens?
SHE : No I dont.

Silence again.

SHE : Do you?
HE : You took a full eight minutes to ask that. Hmm. Yes I do.

How he wished he could read her mind. He continued.

HE : Do you see the temple across the road?
SHE : Yes I do. What about it?
HE : Six months ago, even before I said I loved you, I dreamt of marrying you there. A week later, they stopped constructing it. It has been abandoned ever since.

Another painful interval of silence.

SHE : I am sorry.

She stood up and walked to the reception. He walked into the rain.

8 comments:

Krishna said...

Does 'He' by any chance, play cricket on Saturday mornings, give convoluted, esoteric titles to his patent application, and apologize to his mom on his blog ?
I am curious to know :)

devil said...

romantic poems ..!!
a touch of pessimism..!!
are you telling your story ??

Josh said...

@kiTTi..
HE is a hypothesis

@vikram..
yeh hai meri kahani
khamosh zindagani..
chubtay kaanten yadoon ke daaman se chunta hoon
girti deewaron ke aanchal mein zinda hoon..
no dood! not my story this one [:)]

Mana said...

Seems that you're Lost! BTW, well written...

devil said...

complete the story please....
atleast, post the flashback... !!

Space said...

oh :(....this one made me remember of another "HE"
@Sameer.....You can delete this "comment" if you feel I am spamming around...

SHE: What will u do on that day if u by any chance come to know that the "day" in ur life will be the last day?
HE: Can i hear your answer first?
SHE: goes on with a long list...........have to beat up someone, have to thank somone....oh how "HE" wished that he would be on her list.....but no never was "HE" on her list :(
"HE" is in deep thoughts.......
SHE: When are you planning to say your answer?!
HE: That day I would like to spend with you, with the condition that you will be happy with it :)
SHE: No way am I going to be with you.......
Silence for long.......long.........and long.......
SHE: Ok, since that will be your last day, I will try to spend sometime with you.........
There was only one expression in his heart............"HE" was waiting for the last day of his life to arrive in his time axis soon.......
Wish "SHE" understood it......:(

Josh said...

@bored
this wont be deleted.
but WHO IS HE?

Space said...

@Sameer
HE is a hypothesis

SHE: you know what, guys are crazy about me...................one guy just told me that he is ready to quit smoking if I ask him to do so.................................
A smile on her face........
HE: That would be good for him.............he would lead a healthier life...................but I am ready to start smoking if you ask me to do so, even after knowing the fact that the every puff I take, ends up in making my life sorter..................
..................................SHE..........................................an expression, which could not be understood by him...................
.....................how HE wished that she believed what he told was True, Truth from deep beneath his Heart................