Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Slap him! He is a cabbie

I am a happy boy today (Man? Naaah). Just a small act of atrocity on the cab-driver kind, tonnes of happiness for my kind.

For more than a mile a disgrace-to-humankind called a cab-driver was stuck behind my Zma. Rather i was stuck in front of his trumpet blower. He honked more often than he breathed, fully aware that there was no space whatsoever to overtake. He pissed me off big time. Three quarters of my mind wanted me to slap him but God had other plans for him today.

Commuters on the Old Madras Road traffic will know that there are no rules at its infamous Suranjan Das Road junction, but its tacit that the right half of the road is for traffic towards my office, and if you are on the other half you should be going straight towards KR Puram. But this asshole overtakes all right laners from the left, makes it to front of the lane, parks his disgrace-to-carkind called Indicab right across the two lanes at some arbit inclination, blocks all traffic on the left lane and honks at me asking me for space on the right lane. I could have accomodated him but I was adamant to move. Tough though it was, I still managed to turn a deaf ear.

Along came police mama. His demeanour (shouting, pouting and the likes) has always made me feel he is henpecked. That poor soul wouldnt miss a chance to vent his manliness, would he? And here was his animal, the cabbie.

"Soovar.Yaako traffic nillstya? Line nalli barakke yen keriyutte?"
(Pig. Why do you block the traffic? Does something itch if you come in the line?)

He mocked a slap. Never smile at a henpecked traffic police man, especially when you have created a km long traffic block. But this dimwit did just that and made it to the history books. Phut! came the first real slap.

"Turn togonDre oditeeni. Hogo straightu."
(Will kick you if you turn. Go straight!)

The animal moved by a meter, thinking that it will fool the mama. Phut! came the second one. This time from the back of the hand.

"Nann jote ne aaTa aaDteeya magane! Hogo muchchkonDu straightu!"
(You wanna play with me son. Close all openings and go straight.)

One final blow on the head and he went straight, with all openings closed. Three quarters of mind again wanted me to raise my helmet, shake hands with mama and say well done. But I didnt want to take a chance. Henpecked, remember.

He didnt do the right thing, for sure. But laato ke bhoot baato se nahin maante. I came to office with a smile. Hope that soovar never found a right turn.


8 comments:

Shekhar said...

conditions might have worsened now.. but.. i know the conditions at suranjan das road junction...

alright! I agree the cabies and auto dirvers are rash and merciless over poor bikers.. but wud the police mama have dared slap a merc driver (or a sallu) if he had done the same ?

poor cabie i must say.. for he was merely playing a survival trick..albeit.. on a wrong day.. But .. yep.. smile .. u shud never!!.. how cud he??? that too while driving in blore's traffic !!

Josh said...

shekie..
the cabies i am referring to here dont drive mercs. they simply dont deserve to. i am talking about the species tht drives the white indicabs and the tata sumos alone. this species is outright mindless and reckless.
thts the last thing i wud say.. poor cabie. once in a while they need this to understand tht they r not the sole drivers on the roads here.

Narayanan B said...

Maga! Super post. I loved the parts in Kannada and their rather honest translations.

Good job with the new template. Looks really nice. I was visitor number 55 remember.

Shekhar said...

obviously sam.. i know that cabies dont drive mercs.. I meant.. the police dared hit him coz he was driving a cab.. and not a merc!

and poor cabie.. coz he has to fight blore's traffic for his bread!

Shekhar said...

but .. I agree with Narayana.. i liked the way the post is written too! The template is good.. but not for posting a pic once in a while.. btw .. "seene me jalan" is missing

Maddy said...

hey liked the new template,....but the earlier title was better...

Krishna said...

Nice template kaNo.
Reminds me of the old school days where we used to write in 'ruled' notebooks, before the bland 'unruled' books took over in college.

Josh said...

@kow!
tht title requires some dark background and some equally equally dark corners in the heart.

@shekie
no seene mein jalan..fire extinguished [:D]
and i agree.. not a background for pics.

@nari
thnx maga!

@kiTTi
i was reminded of the same thing too! but ur feeling shud be stronger than mine. cus ur handwriting was as neat as this while mine was...