Friday, December 08, 2006

Back from retirement

Not dada. I am referring to myself here. Owing to some negligence on the part of our captain we missed playing the TNT tournament this year. The effort I put in making a 30 km round trip to NAL ground every (almost) Saturday morning at 6:30 for more than a year for nets went straight down the drain. I threatened to retire. Effect : We will be playing a rare warm up match against ARM tomorrow. Warm-up for what? I have no clue. But I have realised one thing : Revolting helps!
ARM is led by our ex-captain. He moved out of TI early this year. We had played their amateur team some time back. Thanks to some solid middle order batting, we managed to win with ease. But things have changed since the last face-off. They practiced hard and played TNT. We have been practicing but we havent even had a practice match since summer. Our middle order line-up is tyro. And the biggest difference.. I AM PLAYING THIS TIME. Owing to injury (I am the Ashish Nehra of TI you see), I was only the umpire last time.
Apparently this is my first match outside of NAL compound. Lets see how the plot unfolds. Gotta catch some sleep now. The match starts at 8 am on palace grounds.

2 comments:

BlackThorn said...

all da best to u.

Narayanan B said...

Match ka kya hua bhai?
What was the injury that happened?