Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Miles to go, promises to keep

No matter how long an empty stretch of road I see
No matter how tempted I am to rip at one twenty
I promise, my sweetheart, careless I shall never be
For it has dawned, my life is more important to you than to me

Let my empty stomach rumble, let my parched throat dry further
But in times when food sucks, how much ever interest you try to muster
I promise, my sweetheart, I wont eat or drink either
For I vow to stand by you always, and that includes thirst and hunger

There will be times when insanity will prevail and you would want to fight
Through the day you would argue, and prefer silence in the night
I promise, my sweetheart, I too will put up a good show with all my might
I shall succumb in the end though, for your happiness is what I prefer, to my being right

Passionate I am about a few things, which make me feel real happy and wise
Meetings and preachings I might skip, for the sake of these, I dont mind uttering a few lies
I promise, my sweetheart, but if it comes to choosing, I shall break all those ties
For only you are worth my dream, and on that I shall never compromise

The composition is only 80% complete. The rest will be scripted live, without rhymes or retakes, in the next 175 years .

14 comments:

Shekhar said...

irrespective of all the effort to hide behind sweet words.... the sweet lil poem subtly exposes everything .. i now know the terms and conditions samie ;)

Vetty Max said...

175 years a????

So enu maga, no more bike rides a? :P

Strong poem btw. Probably this is the same thing that is said in sanskrit during marriages.

vinu said...

in all the promises to keep, don't lose yourself out..be yourself, wouldn't ask for more! :-)
and oh boy! twist in the tale, sure it is! :-D

Krishna said...

Given my current position, this is not one of the poems that I am able to relish :(.
But, beautiful kaNo.
Felt really happy for both of u :)

Josh said...

@shekie :
quite strict are the terms!

@kesava :
shal try maga. after all, i've been asked to be myself. and i cant be tht without bike rides :D
sanskrit and ripping at 1200? :p

@vinutha m rao-!@#$% :
the terms mandate tht i be myself and I shal so be!

@kiTTi :
Thanks kaNo. We shal together pray for ur normalcy.

Maddy said...

gud to see a note on a brighter note!!

Cane-an said...

Ok now...
Some background please?

Josh said...

@kow!
Thank U :)

@cp
oye! tht day i tried to explain and u logged off. thot u fainted :P

Narayanan B said...

Good one!

I didn't understand the 175 years wala funda.

And what? no bike rides a?

Josh said...

@nari:
bike rides ge permission togo beku man! [:D]
175 yrs.. tht is the agreement term maga. together for tht long [:)]

Mana said...

congrats!

Eternal Child said...

sincere, beautiful, lovely. :) wow, you beat my testimonial hollow.

Josh said...

@arati:
illa muchchi. ur testimonial cannot be matched! dont u try to be modest [:D]

Me said...

Awesome poem... One of the sweet bests I have read. Keep them coming...