Friday, November 16, 2007

Find me a gal soon mummy!

Sameer Joshi, design engineer with TI Wireless Group for over 3 yrs now, turns 25 today. Sameer Joshi, the blog owner, had a quick chat with him this afternoon. Excerpts from the tete-e-tete.

TI shares fell to a 7-month low today...

NO! That has nothing to do with the fact that a third of my life has become history on the same day.

Just kidding. I am sure you would have resigned to temptation and switched to retrospective mode last night. So how was the bygone year? Only a jist please.

Very shift+deletable year. I lived for the exact same reason a hen lays eggs. Desultory, demotivated and deflated existence. Woaa! I had an inclination to use words starting with 'C' before. I have moved to 'D' now. This year sure will be 'forward-looking'.

Ok. I get that. So. Any resolutions for the year to come?

Not exactly resolutions. That is too strong a word. But I definitely want to make concerted and sincere efforts in a few directions. Three actually.

One. I had been to Tirupati some time back. After driving for 12 hours, walking 9km, ascending 3700 steps and standing in his serpentine queue for a tad under 5 hours, I asked Lord Venkatramana to give me strength to be a diligent worker. I have quite a few things that I would want to do ('achieve' is a big word here) this year that need involvement, dedication and conviction (clubbed together as 'strength') and Govinda needs to give me those. I guess they have already been deposited in my account. I shall start encashing.

Two. My mom has a big heart. Yes. It has to be the heart. I cant think of any other place where she stores all the shit I give her. I want to flush all that out this year. Period.

Three. I realise that most of the conscious time I have, I spend either remisniscing the past and feeling sad that it doesnt exist any more, or pondering over things that lay in the future and feeling insecure and tensed. Is it hard to live just the present and be myself? I dont want to think so and want to prove to myself that it isnt. I want to relish the NOW, savour the ME.

Selfish, but nevertheless realistic and realisable goals. Hope thess bring some peace of mind and sanity in life. All the best. And once again. Happy birthday.

Thanks.

13 comments:

Krishna said...

Once again, yappy birthday guru !!!
Yes yes, hope you find someone soon :D

Narayanan B said...

Suprb idea for a post. But I kept searching for a relation between the title of the post and the post itself.

Happy Birthday once again :)

Shekhar said...

ultra cool post sam and happy bday :)
btw, why are you trying to burden ur mom for finding a gal ?

vinu said...

hey happy birthday! :-)
hoping to see a more cheerful happy post same time next year!

Josh said...

@kiTTi
thanks again kaNo

@nari
thanks maga. amma yenaadru ee post odidre title noDi magana depseration artha maaDkoLli antha sketch haakde. otherwise no relation to content

@shekie
khuddaagi huDgi huDko ashTu talent illa kaNo nange [:(]

@vinu
thanks for the wish :)

anant said...

Nice interview. Especially iked what your blog self says in the end.

Unknown said...

hey... nice post! belated b'day wishes!!

PS: I am REALLY sorriee i missed it.. :( :(

Mahesh said...

found the link to your blog on ur orkut page...belated bday wishes!
interestingly so many ppl from the past wishing you good.

viski said...

Nice one roomie. You interviewing yourself! Next time you wanna give an interview call me, I'll frame the questions.

Mana said...

hahaha... funny thing... i remember one of my friend pestering his mom... lol

Veda said...

:) Nice post :)
I know I know .. I missed it ..
Happy Bday dear :)

Josh said...

this is strange. i have enabled comment notification but i am unaware that there are 11 comments posted.

@anant
thanks mite. and thanks for dropping by.

@pratima
pls dont feel sorry for tht. thanks for the wishes.

@mahesh
thanks for the wishes maga!

@manasa
so! wht happened to this frend of urs? is he married?

@veda
thts ok dear! thanks for the wishes

Cane-an said...

Ok....
I forgot your birthday. SORRY
You turned 25. CONGRATULATIONS
You put a title. WHERE DOES ANYTHING ELSE IN YOUR POST SAY ABOUT FINDING A GAL????