Monday, December 03, 2007

If you cant flaunt it, its not worth having it.

I have a lot of bachelor friends in office. They are more of friends than colleagues. From the outside all of them seem to be happy and cheerful. The more I am with them, the more I wonder. Is there no trouble that haunts them? Is there no grief that hurts? How are they so sanguine always?

To say the least, these doubts are only philosophical and rhetorical.But why did I get these doubts in the first place? I guess it is this. To my friend's soul and mind, I am an outsider. I have no clue on what is happening inside and my inference is based on only what the visage projects. I trivialise all the biological and chemical reactions that are happening inside him because I dont see them and naively conclude that, if he smiles, he must be happy.

I am enlightened! Here lies the solution to all my problems. I need to look at myself from an outsider's perspective. Only then I think I can trivialise them as if they are not mine and smile at them.

I think I know how to make things work in this direction. Let me know if this thought process seemed logical.

8 comments:

Maddy said...

Easier said than done, in my opinion

Vetty Max said...

After almost 6 years of having taken life a little too lightly, looking back, it does seem a little too risky a strategy.

There are issues where trivialising helps and others that should not be trivialised.

Cane-an said...

If you will take your problems in a trivial fashion, who will take them seriously?
It probably helps when you need a break from your worries for a short while but I feel that you need to get back and solve them hammer and tongs...

Shekhar said...

u need to consider the problem of what to trivialize and what not to trivialize very seriously!!

Unknown said...

It definitely seems logical...I've tried it many times but very tough to change perspective and ignore those 'chemical/bilogical' reactions! I'm really amazed by people who can actually do that! If you really manage to put ur thought process to work.. let me know ;)

Josh said...

@kow
i am still giving it a try.

@kesava
i see tht u r becoming increasingly remorseful of the way u lived in the past. not nice maga [:(]

@cp
i intend to trivialise only those tht look like 'no big deal' from an onlookers perspective. others will get due attention.

@shekie
point well noted!

@pratima
wish me luck. it mite help u too [;)]

Me said...

For once I thought I shall walk out of my soul
Watch from a distance, my ulterior role
All those big things did look so small
But without me in me, I wasn't even inching towards my goal

Nice perspective... Makes one think...and think... and think... :)

viski said...

Samie...we are all made from same electrons/cells/tissues...everybody is the same..the wrapper is the difference, while the engine remains the same.