Monday, January 08, 2007

In my next birth..

On you, when I showered my love
Ne
ver did I think about anything else
‘Cus I always felt
The lord himself was standing right by my side.

Never ever did I wonder
What the future would unravel
That a basket of flowers and fruits
Would metamorphose into a shrub of thorns

Candidly, did you really feel nothing,
Nothing at all, when you just left?
Atleast I could never ever dream
That you, of all people, would deceive me this way.

Oh no! I am not blaming you
Neither am I sad that you left me
I only spent many a night crying, and if I am sad,
Its only because my soul still is inseparable from yours.

Even after death takes over
Your thoughts will keep lingering in my mind
And I shall return with another life
Only if God promises me, that you will be mine
In my next birth..

I came across this real heart numbing poem this afternoon. It was in Marathi.

Thanks mummy, for helping me translate this.

5 comments:

Vetty Max said...

Strong poem maga.

But do shift to lighter stuff soon. :-)

Eternal Child said...

wow.. to translate something without losing it's original intent and flavor.. great work..!! :)

Maddy said...

where did u hit upon this?? And concur with Arati on this...

Josh said...

kesava.. will shift soon da [:)]
jere madam.. thank u
kow.. a frend of mine fwded it to me

Narayanan B said...

Very nice poem dude. As Baada says you should write more light stuff.